Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Job Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
SPANISH LANGUAGE SKILLS ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
MedZed is re-imagining the house call. Will you innovate with us?
MedZed is a fast paced, startup organization focused on inspiring and enabling better health. We are launching in the Los Angeles market and seeking exceptional LVNs to join our team. MedZed utilizes technology to bring healthcare to complex, hard to reach patients. We partner with health plans and managed care organizations to allow these high-risk patients to be treated in place, in their homes.
LVN accountabilities and responsibilities
MedZed LVNs perform in-home care as part of a proactive, multi-disciplinary approach to manage complex and chronically ill patients. This role is ideal for a passionate clinician who wants to shape the future of healthcare delivery for complex medical/social needs.
Specific tasks include:
- Prepare patients by reviewing current medications and taking appropriate vital signs for the provider consult during visit.
- Perform designated blood draws/diagnostics, prepare lab work and drop off specimens as necessary.
- Administer immunization, injections, oral or IV medications as necessary.
- Coordinate follow-up resources/scheduling for patients.
- Communicates all significant clinical findings to clinical leadership.
We are looking for clinicians who have two or more years of experience in an out-patient or home setting. Candidates must have certification from accredited school and current California LVN licensure along with an active California driver's license with good driving record and a safe, reliable vehicle. The ideal candidate will be an excellent clinician, technology savvy, phlebotomy certified, CPR certified, with strong communication and customer service skills. We are seeking someone who is comfortable visiting patients in their home or elsewhere, is compassionate, creative, organized, and flexible with a can-do attitude. Spanish language skills are highly preferred.