Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant [Bi-lingual (Spanish) Preferred] Part-time and Full-time positions are available.
Location: Los Angeles & Orange County
MedZed is re-imagining the house call. Will you innovate with us?
MedZed is a fast paced, startup organization focused on inspiring and enabling better health and we are launching in Los Angeles. MedZed utilizes technology to serve patients and bring healthcare to hard to reach complex patients. We partner with health plans and managed care organizations allowing high-risk patients to be treated in place, we see patients where they live. The use of technology enables us to deliver a new team-based primary care model.
NP/PA accountabilities and responsibilities
MedZed NPs and PAs perform in-home care as part of a multi-disciplinary approach to proactive management for complex and chronically ill patients. This opportunity also has the ability to work from home or a provided office setting, caring for patients using MedZed’s telemedicine platform. This role is ideal for a clinician who is passionate about improving the way we care for complex medical and social needs and is looking to participate in the development of a new model of care.
Specific tasks include:
- Complete new and established patient assessments in the home.
- Perform designated diagnostics and draws, prepares lab work and specimens as necessary.
- Administer immunization, injections, oral or IV medications.
- Serve as an advocate for patient by assisting in follow-up scheduling, answer patient calls and returning patients call to maintain clinical excellence.
- Communicate all significant clinical findings to clinical leadership.
- Lead a team of LVN’s and collaborate internally to improve MedZed care model.
We are looking for clinicians who have experience in Family, Adult, and Geriatric medicine. Candidates must have diploma from an accredited school and current California licensure along with an active California driver's license with good driving record and a safe, reliable car. The ideal candidate will be an excellent clinician, technology savvy, CPR certified, and customer service oriented with strong communication skills. We are seeking someone who is comfortable visiting patients in their home or elsewhere, is compassionate, creative, organized, and flexible with a can do problem-solver approach. Spanish language skills are highly preferred.